Sunday, January 07, 2007

Remembering Sepultura and Soulfly

Hola, I am writing this post because I had been watching and listening music from my teenage days this christmas, which influenced me very much and was a very important movement in the thrash metal scene back in the day, and they were not from the United States of America, hahaha. I am talking about Sepultura, the Brazilian Godzillas :) and I really got into them with their album "Arise". After that came both masterpieces "Chaos A.D." and "Roots" (still proud for having those records), just before departure of Max Cavalera from the band. Don't know if this was good or bad, but what happend was the birth of a new band called Soulfly, from the mind of Max itself, giving some real fucking awesome songs, more in the style of the "Roots" album, while Sepultura remained with a new singer, Derrick Green, and one guitar off the collective sound. So, having said what I wanted to say, I am posting one video for each band, showing what they are up to nowadays.

Sepultura: Convicted in Life (from the album "Dante XXI", 2006)



Soulfly: Frontlines (from the album "Dark Ages", 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home